Monday, November 13, 2006

Busy Weekend



I turned some wrenches on Saturday morning for a cub scout bike rodeo. To earn their badges the kids needed to ride through an obstacle course and keep the rubber side down. Sunday I dragged Holly to the Tennessee State Cyclocross Championship on Mud Island. I was able to sneak into the A race with my single speed 29er, disc brakes and all!! The course was a 1 mile loop.
Half the course was a long flat straight section along the mighty Mississippi and the other half was up and down. I was able to muscle all the short run ups with a 32 x 16 and even bridged a gap to some riders. With two laps to go I had 2nd place within reach but he heard my weezing, dropped two gears and left me in his dust. All in all it was a good day. 3rd place in the 20-29 A race and a great end to the season.
hugs and kisses
Dan

No comments: