Monday, September 06, 2010

Summer's End

The changing of the leaves and my obsession with watching cyclocross videos signals the end of summer. I will trade the hot hot heat, lawn mowing and Oberon for the cool breeze, wet leaves and Ice Ice Baby preparation.

333_12144.jpg


I spent the 2nd half of my summer working for Breakaway Bicyles and they were friendly enough to help me build the bike of my dreams. I spent some time designing the angles, picking the color and conversing with the friendly folks at Independent Fabrications. I have not thought of a name yet. It will have big wheels, sliding dropouts and the color will impress you.
In the meantime I assembled a workhorse to keep the dirt in my teeth.

I also ordered me up one of these.zoom_pistola09_bk.jpg

Some other notable news:

Jason Lummis is out of the hospital but the driver who nearly took his life is still on the run. Check for updates at the Bells Beer Racing Team Site.

Danielle Musto earned top honors at the Salsa 2-4 bike race. She has been riding laps longer than most and is earning her legend status.


Next up is the PCOC strut 5K and Dunes Duathlon. From then on it is Ride Ride Ride.

with love
df

No comments: