Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I skipped class today to ride my bike

Prose, Pics, Bike Review

My head felt cloudy and I needed to get some ideas on paper for my individual teaching presentation next week. it is on the History of Hip Hop and Slam Poetry.

While riding I thought about what you call stream of consciousness when it never rains or when ideas come out of a faucet you turn on and off. Rusty Handles, H for Hot, C for Cold, turning, creaking, spitter spatter splash into the glitter sea shell basin. Rust color and it stinks like rotten eggs in a fridge unplugged and forgotten.

I thought about cruise control cadence on Hot muggy smooth flat asphalt, sing along songs, sin and Saul Williams, artist, musician, magician with words


07 Lemond Buenos Aires:
Min Max Carbon + Tall headtube + sparkle red paint = Rad
Vertical compliance and lateral rigidity = Fast
I wish i could call it the red rocket but it shares no similarities with a canine erection.

love dan

2 comments:

Ms. Murphy said...

I am very excited to see what you do with this teaching unit. I have never heard slam poetry performed and am unsure what it really is. Maybe you could link up to a podcast of a slam poet at work. Should be immensely interesting.

Maureen

Shannon said...

Glad you had some time to clear your head and gather some steam for your presentation. I am also looking forward to engaging in some fun SLAM poetry again!