Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Tofu Day




How much longer will the gun slingers be in the woods?


Yesterday was balmy, fifty and perfect for a day on the trail. I would have gone out if it were not for the blaze orange beer drinkin bullet shooters.








Confessions of a Racer Head


Now is the time of year where I take a step back from my training and refer to my log book, calendar and notes on perceived exertion to see what I did right, what I did wrong and try to figure out why I am not making a paycheck racing my bike. The answer is simple, life balance. School, business, reading, friends, family and my dogs.





After I get over that realization I turn to the Internet for self-coaching pointers and tips.


This Site has some great information.

I am also spending too much time thinking about bikes. 29er, 69er, carbon, Ti, dual suspension. Can I modify a 26 inch fuel to ride like a 69er? Too much math involved for my brain but maybe you can help.

I like the idea of a mtn. bike with a 29 inch front wheel and 26 inch rear. I want to make my own. Here is the question: How slack will my head tube be if I modify a bike originally intended with a 26 inch front wheel and outfit it with a wheel one inch larger.
The new 69er platform boasts a 69 degree head tube with 5.1cm fork offset. This rides just fine
The original 26 inch platform has a 70 degree head tube with a 3.9 cm offset (equipped with a 100mm fork)
What happens if I take the original 26 inch platform and add a 29 inch fork and wheel. The axle to crown measurements would be about an inch taller.
I know the fixed point would be the rear axle and everything would rotate up, but how many degrees?



Lance Pope Sighting: I need to email this guy and see if his couch is open for the Cohutta 100
maybe he visits this blog and will give me a call




I am still working out the schedule for next year. I have picked some top priority events but I also want to support the local scene.



Hopefully everyone has a happy Tofu day and remember what thanksgiving is all about: Debating politics, football, overeating and trying to decide what the holiday represents.
Happy Tofu Day





love dan

4 comments:

alexdolpp said...

29er on a Fuel works well for some people...

http://b-matter.blogspot.com/2007/11/iceman.html

Anonymous said...

Why are you so negative towards things you don't understand.

"Yesterday was balmy, fifty and perfect for a day on the trail. I would have gone out if it were not for the blaze orange beer drinkin bullet shooters."

2 weeks of gun season and you can't give another tax paying human being a bit of slack.

You seem to be a self righteous arse without the ability to realize your opinions are not that of others and you can be very wrong with your perceptions of others.

Ride to ride and enjoy life, dont be a buzz KILL............

Dan Frayer said...

I gave hunters lots of slack. I am not on the trail and will wait until gun season is over so the other outdoorsmen can enjoy.
Self Righteous? Yes.
The beuty of an opinion is that it is not popular belief, not agreed upon by all and is perfect for sharing, creating controversey and stirring up some emotion on the internet.
I ride to ride, enjoy life very much and apologize for killing your buzz. Be sure and drink some strong coffee before you get behind the wheel of your pick up, drive along the fence rows and accidently shoot someone in the back.

Anonymous said...

"Be sure and drink some strong coffee before you get behind the wheel of your pick up, drive along the fence rows and accidently shoot someone in the back."

Clueless and lost in your own closed minded fantasy world, pathetic and sad. If you only knew what reality was you would cry !

Keep dreaming rockstar cause reality bites !