Thursday, March 20, 2008




My Metal Scrap Muffin

Innovation out of necessity.

The bicycle industry continuously evolves with technological changes, to keep things interesting and encourage people to buy more bikes. My bike stable evolves to follow those trends and keep up to speed with ride quality, design features etc.

That was the inspiration behind my new Gary Fisher Muffin.

Frame: Fisher Aquila steel frame: purchased at Kentwood Schwinn in Grand Rapids Michigan. I bought it after my high school graduation open house in 98 and I consider it my first real mountain bike.

Drivetrain: Sram 1x9

Front End: Santana Tandem custom painted fork and 700c wheel courtesy of Team Active’s scrap pile.

Brakes: Who knew that running mis-matched V-Brakes with backwards pads would provide modulation similar to hydraulic disc brakes. The key to this well kept secret is using shift housing, worn out brake pads and hybrid/comfort V brake levers. I will be posting more info on MTBR.

Anyone who has ever resurrected a steel classic can understand the ride induced smiles.

Brian Yost is the new proud owner of a Voodoo Dambala Single Speed 29er.




No comments: