Sunday, June 08, 2008

Lumberjack 100 Preparation


I logged a touch of tempo yesterday and it was the first sign of speed since Mohican Madness. I have a week of moderate distance and that will hopefully serve as a short term taper towards next weekend.

After careful consideration I have decided to try my hand in multi sport athletics. I am not setting any goals but I hope to complete a sprint distance triathlon by the middle of the summer. I was inspired by a handful a wack jobs including Charlie Duke.

American Cycle and fitness mechanic and good buddy Brian Yost will be making the trip to Manistee. We are shipping out friday for a pre ride of the inner loop and some rustic camping.

There was an epic war waging at the 24 hours of Big Bear. David vs. the Solo Goat vs. former michigander Jesse J. I feel privileged to say I have had my butt kicked by all three.

No comments: