Sunday, March 01, 2009

Red to Green

My inflamed knee ligaments have been echoing from the bottom of an empty advil bottle for the past three weeks. A crazy guy once told me to ignore the aches and pains but stay in tune with your body. Could it be self doubt? Old Shoes? Lack of determination? I am settling into a rest week and have to make a decision to push through or return to my cross country mountain biking roots. It is a win-win no matter how you look at it.

I heard the sound of knobby tires on mud for the first time in months. I wanted to drop to my knees and wrap my arms around the ground, rub my face against its wet cold gritty surface and thank mother nature for the pending spring.

I rode green to red to green, found some secret trail projects and tasted the bitter acid from a winter of couch surfing.

Stay tuned for a pending monster ebay auction and ice man registration confirmation.

Love dan





1 comment:

cjsbike said...

Red to Green!

I know what you are talking about!

I am glad you can ride in the woods, just remember us up here in the North who are still skiing in the woods!

I need to ride the Red and Green again some day!