Monday, April 20, 2009

Yank Me Sprung

More Pictures, less words.


The Traveling Circus made the short trip north for the first CPS race of 2009, the Yankee Springs Time Trial. 2 laps, 24ish miles of tacky twisty rooty single track. The event was a carnival of beards, 29ers and old friends missed from a long winter's slumber.
The Yankee Springs Time Trial is a historic and requires a solid winter of training to be successful. Instead of selling my soul to the Devil's soup bowl I opted for less beard ice and zero trainer rides. I still had good legs when the gun went off and stuck to my strategy of cruising at threshold with a kick at the start and a kick at the end. I came through the finish in the big ring with a time of 1:47 and change, good enough for a top ten spot in the expert category. (all of last year's experts moved up to Elite, I suppose I should one of these days)


1 Speed Reid


Fancy Fancy Fancy

Breakaway Bicycles Race Team


Classics


Founders Dance Off


Old Bike Shop Gurus from my Hometown


John and Chris put the hammer down

A very special thanks to my 09 supporters including event sponsor Swiftwick.

Next up is the Borgess 5K where I will make another attempt and running fast.

love dan

No comments: