Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dunes Duathlon

2009 Multi Sport Season Over.

The Saugatuck Dunes Duathlon is a well run event with 5 sandy hilly Toe stubbing rooted miles of trail running followed by 18 big ring miles with some long gradual climbs and tight switchbacks.

I wrapped things up in 1 hour and 26 minutes, good for tired legs, 33rd overall and 1st place in my age group.

It has been a season of improvement, tough races and good times. Now it is time to put the wet suit, vaseline between my toes and transition times behind me and focus on my knobby tire exploits.
Next Up is the Boyne State Championships which I will use as a measuring stick for my cross country racing legs. I have not gone after it solely on the bike since May and the bumps of Boyne city tend to bring out the best and the worst of every athlete.




1 comment:

the original big ring said...

Cute dogs. I miss my Jackie-boy.

What's it take to get your name on your bike? You MUST be some sort of superstar.

Hope the teaching is treating you well.

cheers