Monday, November 05, 2007

Home Cookin and Singletrack


It was a busy weekend of riding and eating home cooked delicacies. Vegetable stew and Lasagna rolls to add the fuel for next weekend.
Holly and I took a trip to appreciate all the fallen leaves at Fort Custer on Saturday. I am one lucky S.O.B. to have a great girl that feeds me well and likes to cruise the trails every now and again.

Saturday night was the Team Active Racing Party. We discussed our plans for 2008 and drank good beer. Jim G. and his wife were great hosts and a good time was had by all. My legs are done for the year but get togethers like this motivate me to no end. I spoke with Eric Cook about a potential adventure for 08. It is something I have never tried before, stay tuned for details.

Round Table Discussion lead by current head sponsor Team Active


Eric Cook Lusting over Joe K's monster truck winter bike


The Double D Brigade took a trip back to the Fort to explore some new trail and flow around the grounds for a couple hours. DA was rocking the new Trek Fuel 69er which I have been lusting over as of late. The bike looks stupid but rides smart.

I caught word of some cool happenings with youth Cylcing in Michigan. Youth Cycling is giving away scholarships to the top young finishers. You can find out more at their site, also linked to the right.

1st Place Male & Female 18 & under $1100.00

2nd Place Male & Female 18 & under $250.00

3rd Place Male & Female 18 & under $50.00

MMBA announced their 2008 race schedule. Nothing surprising but a solid group of races. I like the idea of the CPS series because a good bit of the events are trail benefits. I feel like my money is not wasted. I doubt I will be joining in the fun of any of the Time Trials but I will be trail side making some noise.

Sunday, April 20th Yankee Springs Western Chapter Benefit – TT
Sunday, May 4th Fort Custer Southwest Chapter Benefit – XC
Sunday, June 1st Hanson Hills Challenge - XC
Saturday, July 12th Boyne Challenge – Marathon XC Double rider points will be awarded! Sunday, July 27th Stony Creek - TT
Saturday, August 23rd Maybury Metro South Chapter Benefit – XC
Sunday, September 21st Addison Oaks Metro North Chapter Benefit - XC
Sunday, September 28th Pando Challenge – XC

The culprits who smashed and ate our pumpkins


love dan
shutter speed experimenter (thus the blurry pictures) SUCK!
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pumpkin-killing culprits sure manage to look innocent! Good luck at the iceman.