2008 Ice Man Race Report
A Fictional Account
I woke up to a snowy Sunday sunrise on a beach in
- The Ice Man counting down from ten
- Big Ring Raging
- Sucking wheels with sweet Vasa Single-track sand flying into my mouth that was gaping open in severe oxygen deprivation
- Feeling intimidated by Travis Brown’s beard
- Screaming until my throat was sore for the Orbitsuns playing a Willie Nelson cover, Johnny D. squeaking into the top ten in the pro race, Joe K. taking the W in the old guy single speed class and Jason I. throwing down something special for his first ice man.
- 27 miles up, down, below, between and through all sorts of calf burny eyes blurry lung busting pain
- Capturing over 1K photos to benefit Autism Speaks.org (thanks
- watching Jeremiah Bishop throw down some kind of power then recognizing him later in the evening and spanking his butt out of respect for said riding abilities
- A mix of a smoke machine, Friends, dancing, a guerilla suit, oatmeal crème pies and weirdoes with pony tails.
Official Race Report
I rode smart with a conservative start and picked great lines throughout the race. In true Dan Frayer fashion I popped five miles from the banner but still managed a finish in 1:52, 14 minutes faster than 2007. It was a great end to the 2008 Traveling Circus. A very special thanks and blog-hug to my supporters.
Holly Scott Racing