Monday, March 29, 2010


The Traveling Circus with special guest Jeff Cachero cruised north in the deep blue pimp wagon for the 2nd annual Barry Roubaix Killer Gravel Road Race.

The event was yet another grueling masterpiece brought to us by the twisted mind of Rick Plite, creator of the Lumberjack 100 and Kiss Cross.

Several hundred dirt and pain obsessed people flocked from all edges of the mitten and beyond to test their spring legs. Why? It is all in a name.
Barry: Barry County, rural, scenic and without traffic.
Roubaix: Bumpy as F*#ck
Killer: Legs, brain cells and pride if you played your cards right.
Gravel: In my lungs, shoes and dreams.
Road: Some pavement but it was often short and too good to be true.
Race: Until your lungs, heart and blood vessels in your eyes burst. Pure tire and elbow rubbing racing complete with tactics, ass holes, cuss words and an entry fee.

In 2009 I made the mistake of not training enough, running my fixed gear with a 42 x 17 and starting way too fast. In 2010 I did the exact same thing.

Insanity Defined: Doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.

I took my $35 number plate, purple bike and moderate level of insanity up the hills with grunts and down the hills with a stupid high cadence. I enjoyed every smile, cheer and twinge of pending cramps.

Thanks to my current supporters Swiftwick and Headsweats for keeping my extremities toasty and Team Active for helping me get the bike set up, and Holly Scott Racing for keeping things real.

Until Next Time (Yankee TT)

bro hugs and passionate kisses on the cheek

DAN
QR 4 Life
One of my beer run training rides (.4 miles)
Upgrade


No comments: